High yield, tolerant to ramularia!
- Teuto winter barley is a new, multi-row fodder variety, registered in Germany in 2020 and in the second year of research in Poland.
- Recommended for medium intensive and intensive cultivation technology on medium-quality soils and better.
- Teuto is characterised by high winter hardiness (5.0) and very good disease resistance.
- It is tolerant to ramularia and has resistance to barley yellow mosaic virus BaYMV-1.
- Teuto is medium high with good lodging resistance. However, it is recommended to use a growth regulator in more intensive cultivation technologies.
- Teuto's ears are characterised by high graining.
- Coarse grain with very good evenness, density and low share of offal.
- Teuto is a medium-early variety.
- Good tillering capacity. Reduced sowing rate is commended.
- Recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is about 250-280 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (ca.130-140 kg / ha).
- For early sowing and intensive sowing cultivation technology, the rate should be reduced by 10 %.
- In the case of delayed sowing, the sowing rate should be increased by 10%.
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium early||Protein content||4.0||High|
|Time of ripening||medium early||Lodging resistance||7.2||Good|
|Height of the plant||medium ||Winter hardiness||5.0||High|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high|
|Snow mold||n/d||Barley rust||7.5||Good|
|Net blotch||7.3||Good||Dark brown spot||7.3||Good|