- Gentleman is the newest winter bread wheat variety registered in Germany in 2020.
- It is characterised by a high stable yield level both in average intensive and intensive technology.
- Perfect for medium quality and better soils.
- It is a medium-short wheat with high lodging resistance as good seed shedding capacity.
- Nice grain, high TGW, very good evenness, with a low share of the offal.
- Very good purchasing and baking grain quality.
- Gentleman shows good resistance to diseases, especially high resistance to brittleness of the stalk base, yellow and brown rust, ear blight and powdery mildew.
- According to German research, thanks to good disease resistance the use of fungicides and growth regulators can be reduced, thus increasing the cost-effectiveness of the cultivation of this wheat. Adding to this high yield and very good baking quality, this puts Gentleman winter wheat on high income level.
- Sowing rate in the optimal sowing term, is 300-350 germinating seeds per 1 m2, i.e. ca. 160-180 kg/ha.
- For early sowing and intensive cultivation technology, the rate should be reduced by 10 %.
- In the case of delayed sowing, the sowing rate should be increased by 10%.
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium ||Protein content||4.0||High|
|Time of ripening||medium ||Wet gluten amount||4.0||High|
|Height of the plant||medium||Sprouting resistance||4.0||Good|
|Weight of 1000 grains||High||Lodging resistance||8.0||High|
|Brown rust||8.3||High||Ear fusarium||7.6||Good|
|Yellow rust||9.0||High||Foot diseases||8.0||High|