Accumulation of benefits!
- Belcanto is a new winter triticale characterized by a record-high yield in Poland and Germany.
- Very good adaptation properties to various climatic and soil conditions.
- Performs best on medium-quality soils – class IVa and IVb.
- Medium early variety with very good disease resistance. It has a record-high resistance to rhynchosporium, yellow and brown rust, snow mold and ear fusarium.
- Highest profitability of cultivation with limited use of agro technical treatments.
- Very good winter hardiness, rated 5.5 on a 90 scale.
- A medium-length straw variety with high lodging resistance.
- Shows one of the highest pre-harvest sprouting (PHS) resistance.
- Big grain (TGW approx. 45 g) with very good uniformity, density and high protein content – approx. 11%.
- Triticale with very good tillering capacity. The sowing rate in optimal sowing conditions is 300-340 germinating seeds per m2, i.e. ca. 140-160 kg/ha.
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium||Protein content||4.0||Good|
|Time of ripening||medium||Sprouting resistance||5.0||High|
|Height of the plant||medium||Lodging resistance||7.5||High|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high||Winter hardiness||5.5||High|
|Snow mold||8.5||High||Leaves septoria||7.7||Good|
|Brown rust||8.5||High||Ear fusarium||8.4||High|
|Yellow rust||7.7||High||Foot diseases||7.5||Good|