Proven brewery quality!
- Ellinor is a new malting barley variety characterized by high and stable fertility in many European countries.
- It yields very well in continental climate with periodical water shortages and high temperatures.
- Perfect for medium quality and better soils.
- Very good quality of the brewing grain, which is approved by the brewing industry in many European countries. It is characterized by high extractivity.
- Low protein content.
- Ellinor barley shows a very good resistance to powdery mildew, rhynchosporium and barley rust.
- The Ellinor barley plants are of medium-short length (Propino barley type) with good lodging resistance.
- It has a very good resistance to ear breakage.
- Beautiful, coarse grain with a very high TGW (about 50 g), high uniformity and density, and a low proportion of offal.
- Very good pre-harvest sprouting resistance.
- Recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is approx. 300-350 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (approx. 150-170 kg / ha).
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium early||Lodging resistance||7.5||Good|
|Time of ripening||medium early||Protein content||1.0||Low|
|Height of the plant||medium short|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high|
|Net blotch||6.8||Medium||Dark brown spot||7.1||Good|