The peak of possibilities!
- Winter barley Giewont is the newest multi-row fodder variety of DANKO.
- It is characterised by high and stable yield.
- It has excellent adaptation properties to different climatic and soil conditions.
- Giewont is a medium-early variety.
- It is characterised by a quick start of vegetation in spring and intensive early spring growth.
- Recommended for medium intensive and intensive cultivation technology on barley soils.
- Giewont has one of the highest winter hardiness in Poland (5.5) and good disease resistance. Has a resistance gen to mildew Mlo.
- In the plant protection programme there is no need to pay special attention on either from diseases.
- Very good tillering capacity.
- The recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is about 240-260 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (about 120-130 kg/ha).
- In the case of early sowing and intensive cultivation technology, the rate should be reduced by 10%.
- In the case of delayed sowing, the sowing rate should be increased by 10%.
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence
|Time of ripening
|Height of the plant
|Weight of 1000 grains
|Dark brown spot