ITAKA A Journey to Success!
- Itaka is the newest spring wheat with a very high yield. In 2021, it was at the forefront of yielding in Poland.
- It has excellent adaptability to various climatic and soil conditions. It yields very high in many European countries.
- Commercialized in Poland and Italy, in trials in Germany, Russia, Austria and Kazakhstan.
- Itaka wheat has a very good health profile. It is characterized by very good resistance to all tested disease entities.
- It is in line with the Green Deal strategy. Suits for growing with a reduced amount of fungicides used.
- It is a very early variety with good resistance to soil acidification. It works perfectly on poorer soils and in dry years.
- Due to its earliness, it can be used in cereal mixtures.
- It is a medium high variety with good lodging resistance.
- In conditions of high humidity and intensive cultivation technology, applying of stem-shortening plant growth regulators is required.
- Very high quality grain, perfect for milling and baking purposes.
- High content of very good quality protein - high sedimentation.
- Alternative variety.
- The recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is 380-450 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (ca.180-200 kg / ha).
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||early||Lodging resistance||8.5||High|
|Time of ripening||early||Sprouting resistance||5.0||Good|
|Height of the plant||medium||Protein content||7.0||High|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high||Gluten content||5.0||Good|
|Brown rust||7.6||Good||Ear septoria||7.5||Good|
|Yellow rust||8.6||High||Ear fusarium||7.0||Good|
|Foot diseases||7.9||High||Foot diseases||8.8||High|