Impresses with yield and coarse grain!
- Santos is the newest variety of spring triticale characterized by high yield of coarse grain.
- Registered in Poland in 2019 and in research in many European countries.
- Medium high plants with good lodging resistance.
- It belongs to the triticale with a medium late time of ear emergence and medium time of ripening.
- It is characterized by the coarsest grain among all spring triticale registered in Poland.It is very even, with a low level of offal.
- Very good health, particularly resistant to chaff septoria, brown and yellow rust, brown leaf blotch and rynchosporium.
- Due to high tolerance to unregulated pH, it can be grown in poor positions.
- The recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is approx. 400-450 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (approx. 170-200 kg / ha).
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium late||Protein content||4.0||Medium|
|Time of ripening||medium||Lodging resistance||7.0||Good|
|Height of the plant||medium||Sprouting resistance||5.0||Good|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high||Grain density||4.0||Good|
|Brown rust||8.3||High||Foot diseases||7.9||High|
|Yellow rust||8.8||High||Ear fusarium||8.2||High|