- Yellow-grained, evenly ripening oat variety.
- Characterized by a record high and stable level of yield from the moment of registration.
- Recommended for growing on poor soils, tolerates periodic water shortage.
- Coarse grain (about 40 g) with very high bulk density, which makes it suitable for consumption.
- Shows increased tolerance to soil acidification.
- Romulus shows good disease resistance.
- Plants are of medium height with medium resistance to lodging.
- Can be used for grain mixtures.
- Recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is 400-450 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (ca.150-170 kg / ha).
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of panicle emergence||early||Lodging resistance||5.8||Medium|
|Time of ripening||early||Protein content||4.0||Good|
|Height of the plant||medium||Fat content||3.0||Medium|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high||Grain density||4.0||Medium|
|Oat rust||7.5||Good||Leaves septoria||7.2||Good|