A revolution in breweries!
- Focus is a new malting barley variety, with high and stable yields in Poland (103%) and many European countries, from France to Russia.
- Suits for cultivation on medium quality soils.
- Focus barley is characterized by very good resistance to ramularia (a disease resistant to most fungicides), barley rust, powdery mildew and rhynchosporium (scald).
- Medium short plants with good stiffness and high tolerance to nematode.
- Grains with a thin husk and high TGW.
- Focus has "heavy" grain - very high weight of a hectolitre, which lowers costs of grain storage and transportation.
- Unusual grain quality: trouble-free processing in the malt house and brewery, the shortest filtering time and the lowest beta-glucan content (95 mg / l), very high clarity, high extract level.
- Variety approved by Heineken - "green list".
- Recommended sowing rate in optimal term is approx. 300-350 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (approx. 140-180 kg / ha).
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium early||Lodging resistance||6.1||Good|
|Time of ripening||medium early||Protein content||1.0||Low|
|Height of the plant||medium short||Grain density||8.0||High|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high|
|Net blotch||7.3||Good||Dark brown spot||7.3||Good|