Awarded with the Gold Medal of MTP Polagra Premiere 2018!
- Porto is a short-straw variety of winter triticale with a very high yielding.
- It has very good adaptation properties to various climatic and soil conditions. It performs best on medium-quality and good soil.
- Healthy, particularly resistant to snow mold, rhynchosporium, brown and yellow rust and ear fusarium.
- Very good winter hardiness – 5.5 on a 90 scale.
- Porto grain has a high starch content and medium protein content with very good digestibility.
- High pre-harvest sprouting resistance and very good tillering capacity.
- The recommended sowing rate in optimal conditions is 300-340 germinating seeds/m2, ie. approx. 140-160 kg/ha.