Excelente grain quality!
- A new variety of spring wheat registered in 2017, characterized by very good grain quality parameters. A special feature of the variety is its high protein content, high falling number and gluten content (group E/A).
- Tonika has very good resistance to diseases especially foot diseases, powdery mildew, brown rust and DTR. It also has one of the highest resistance to leaves and ear septoria.
- It is medium-early variety, in the type of spring wheat Goplana.
- Useful for growing on medium quality soils (due to good tolerance to soil acidity).
- It has excellent adaptability to different climate and soil conditions.
- Alternative variety, useful in late autumn sowings.
- Plants of average height (about 90 cm) with quite good resistance to lodging.
- Recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is about 400-450 germinating seeds per 1m² (ca. 180-200 kg/ha).
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium early||Sprouting resistance||5.0||Good|
|Time of ripening||medium early||Lodging resistance||7.6||Good|
|Height of the plant||medium ||Grain density||6.0||Good|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high||Protein content||8.0||High|
|Brown rust||8.3||High||Ear fusarium||7.9||High|
|Foot diseases||7.9||High||Foot diseases||8.6||High|