Barley for the ambitious!
- Loxton is a new spring fodder barley variety registered in Poland in 2021.
- Recommended for medium-intensive and intensive cultivation technology on medium-quality and better soils.
- It yields well both in medium-intensive and intensive production technology.
- Loxton barley has a very good resistance to dark brown barley blotch and good resistance to powdery mildew, rhynchosporium, barley rust and net blotch.
- Medium high plants with good stiffness. In conditions of intensive production technology, shortening or stiffening of the stem is recommended.
- Another advantage of this barley is its high resistance to spike breakage, which minimises harvest losses.
- The recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is 280-320 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (approx. 140-160 kg / ha)
Main agricultural and utility characteristics
|Time of ear emergence||medium late||Lodging resistance||6.0||Good|
|Time of ripening||medium late||Protein content||5.0||Good|
|Height of the plant||medium ||Grain density||3.0||Good|
|Weight of 1000 grains||high|
|Net blotch||7.5||Good||Dark brown spot||8.0||High|